When: Sat. Dec. 16, 2017
Time: Anytime between 11 and 3 pm
In addition to a favorite dish from you travels,
– record albums to play on Sue’s old fashioned record player
– pictures of memories of travel to talk about; wishes and hopes for the new year
– a white elephant wrapped gift (fun rule: do not spend any $)
and enjoy favorite foods from around the world. Please RSVP to this email if you can come!
All the best and have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Sue & Diana, co-coordinators; and the planning committee
PS – Help us keep our Next Gen email list updated. Let us know of any changes, or if you wish to be removed from this list.
About: Next Generations Group, formed in 2011, is comprised of descendants of Holocaust survivors and refugees, and includes survivors, refugees and other supporters impacted by the Holocaust who want to keep the stories alive and relevant. The group meets In the Portland, OR area for social, educational and service projects. We are associated with the Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education. We thank OJMCHE and Congregation Beth Israel for their support.
Next Gen News –
1. Due to the many social action groups that exist, Richard Lazere will become our Next Gen Social Justice Liaison. If interested or have any announcements to share, please email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. If you are interested to be on the Next Gen “social group” email list to be notified about movies, events, outings etc. of interest to go to together, please email Nurit Kahana at email@example.com
3. Debbi Montrose is our Next Generations Group Survivor, Jewish Family and Child Services, and OJMCHE liaison, as we are open to survivors at any of our events. If you are a survivor or refugee and would like to receive notices from Debbi directly, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you Debbi for taking on the important role.
From Jewish Family and Child Service: Ongoing. Jewish Family & Child Service (JFCS) provides social services that improve the lives of adults, families, and children in the Jewish and general communities. For volunteer projects visit http://jfcs-portland.org/giving/volunteer/. To receive their monthly enews: http://jfcs-portland.org/